Violent Crimes Defense Attorney
Aggressive Criminal Defense in San Diego
California law is often very harsh where violent crimes are concerned. In some cases, defendants face life in prison without parole, which is why it is so important to seek capable, hard-hitting legal representation as early as possible.
At The Law Offices of Timothy J. Richardson, we understand what you are up against. Our experienced criminal defense attorney has over 2 decades of experience defending the rights of those accused of serious violent crimes. Every case is important to us, which is why we utilize our ample resources to help our clients by pursuing reduced penalties whenever possible.
Understanding Violent Crimes
Violent crimes are precisely what the name implies, crimes where violence, or the threat of violence, is used against another person, or group of people. These crimes may sometimes be committed with a weapon, which can increase severity of the charges, and the resulting penalties.
Types of violent crimes in California include:
- Manslaughter: killing a person without malice aforethought
- Murder: the premeditated, unlawful killing of another person
- Gang Crimes: the illegal involvement with a group committing unlawful, criminal acts
- Arson: deliberately setting fire to property
- Kidnapping: taking a person away, illegally and by force, typically for a ransom
- Assault: a physical attack on another person, or the threat of a violent attack
- Battery: physically acting on an aggressive threat (typically associated with assault)
- Carjacking: stealing a vehicle from the driver by force
- Domestic Violence: threatening or violent behavior in the home, often of a spouse or partner
- Robbery: unlawfully taking things from a person or place
- Stalking: the willful and repeated harassing, following or watching of a person
Typically, violent crimes are prosecuted as felonies, and often result in time in prison, probation or parole, community service, large fines, and possibly a mental health course, such as anger management.
Trust The Law Offices of Timothy J. Richardson with Your Case
Attorney Richardson has the criminal law knowledge and applicable court experience you need fighting in your corner. Not only has our firm handled over 3,000 criminal cases, we have defended numerous people charged with complex murder and manslaughter crimes. Attorney Timothy J. Richardson has more than 20 years of legal experience, has been honored as an Outstanding Trial Lawyer upholds a 10.0 Rating on Avvo.
At our firm, you can rest easy knowing we will provide you with individual attention for your case, and will review your charges honestly, and without judgement. With the steep penalties of violent crime charges, there’s nothing more important than investing in a competent criminal defense lawyer to defend your rights and future.
Contact The Law Offices of Timothy J. Richardson for a free consultation.